Friday, October 23, 2009

Swine Flu

They sent a letter home from school with my kids saying they should stay home if they got sick. Everyone was afraid of the Swine Flu, even though most people didn’t really know what it was yet. We couldn’t figure it out if it was cold/flu or vomit/flu. We found out pretty quick.
Everywhere I go there are missing faces, people who are aren’t where they think they’re going to be. Everyone seems to have the Swine Flu. I read up on the symptoms, studied up so I can watch for them in my kids. Every time they sneeze or wipe at their noses I’m sure they’re coming down with it. The worst part of this is that every time I sneeze or my nose or eyes itch, I’m sure I’m coming down with it. I’ve had the hypothetical Swine Flu over fifteen times in the last month. It will be a long flu season at this rate.

1 comment: